What we can offer
- We have experience in using our optically scanning capability to compare parts and assemblies against your CAD models.
- This is done using our in-house inspection software: ATOS Professional developed by GOM.
- Using this software, we can determine how close your part is to its nominal data, and where it falls in and out of your specified tolerances. See our PES Scanning site for more details.
Inspection and its benefits
- Inspection utilised correctly, saves money by eliminating process problems and ensuring that the end product meets your customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Performing inspections can identify problems at an early stage that will allow our clients to eliminate the causes. Periodic checks during the lifecycle of tooling etc. will enable you to deliver continued accuracy during the manufacturing process, ensuring that the parts produced are still within the design parameter. Inspection not only acts as a key tool during the design and manufacturing process, it also allows you to deliver an audited quality control process.
- Utilised inspections correctly, saves money by eliminating process problems and ensuring that the end product meets your customers’ requirements and expectations. We have a number of tools that we use in the checking process, one being 3D Optical Blue Light Scanning (through PES-Scanning).
Types of inspections include
First-Article Inspections: Checks of first-article samples prior to volume production. This verifies that product specifications are being met and avoids unnecessary re-engineering work later.
In-Process Inspections: These on-site checks evaluate samples of your products selected during the manufacturing process. This confirms the quality of your product and allows any necessary changes to be addressed early on, reducing rework time and costs.
Pre-Shipment Inspections: During pre-shipment checks, our engineers verify that finished goods conform to your specifications. Full reports can be tailor to your requirements for records or to send on to your clients.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please call us for a chat at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or email with your enquiry.