We’re recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer
Sheffield – Advanced Manufacturing Park
IRO £35K Based on experience
(Absolutely no agencies for this appointment thank you)
Performance Engineered Solutions (PES) Ltd is a dynamic engineering solutions business with a distinct expertise in composites structures, reverse engineering and product optimisation that originates from Formula 1 motorsport.
PES Performance has a uniquely experienced engineering team that provides a diverse range of solutions across many sectors and it is our ability to be agile and flexible that has seen our project portfolio grow year on year.
Following the award of two major projects and additional demands on the business we are recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer to complement our engineering team.
PES offers a development opportunity for engineers to be ‘hands on’, evolving concepts, producing working prototype models, managing product manufacture through to the development and execution of qualification tests.
We are currently working on a range of very interesting projects across multiple sectors and the ideal candidate will need a variety of multidisciplinary skills to complement the team.
We are passionate about developing the next generation of Design Engineers who are enthusiastic and hungry to understand the wide range of skills to become a rounded engineering professional. We want to build a team of people who will be part of the PES journey.
Requirements from prospective candidates comprise the following:
- Although not essential, have an HND or Engineering Degree qualification;
- Have at least 3+ years industrial experience;
- Have used CAD packages extensively in current or previous roles, included modelling components, assemblies and producing detailed engineering drawings. Candidates who are proficient in Siemens NX will have a significant advantage, though similar packages will be considered;
- Although not essential at this stage, candidates who have some knowledge in the use FEA software would be beneficial to the role. The ‘ideal’ candidate will have produced basic FEA models or can interpret their output including the production of hand calculations to support the design. The use of MSC Apex, Nastran and Patran will have a significant advantage, particularly those who also have an in interest in learning composite and cohesive zone modelling with respect to carbon fibre/adhesive joints;
- Show a keen interest in supporting design work by running practical tests offsite to support the design work;
- An appreciation of 3D laser & optical scanning; (See our complimentary business www.pes-scanning.com)
- Work in a controlled project environment, running projects, recording time, delivering work to schedules and producing reports in line with the latest company quality standards;
- PES Performance supports a number of rapid development projects which involves liaison with manufacturers and building of Additive Layer parts for concept work. The candidate will have an appreciation of latest manufacturing technologies and a keen interest in building and assembling their design work that form part of the deliverables;
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and openly to colleagues, suppliers and clients. Be positive and have a friendly approach and attitude to work and opportunities;
- Hold a UK driving licence.
If you feel you can demonstrate that you meet our criteria and want to understand more about the role and further opportunities, then we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your application with an accompanying covering letter to by Friday 29th June.« View all Blog & News Entries