What we can offer:
- We utilise a suite of available prototyping and small-run manufacturing techniques (both in-house and external) which include but not limited to:
- CNC milling & turning, laser cutting, water jetting
- Vacuum and injection forming
- 3D printing in various mediums (metal, plastic, ceramic, resin).
- Mould and part creation.
- Having extensive experience enables us to effectively apply the above tools to part prototyping. This allows us to realise quick iterations during the design phase.
Prototyping and its Benefits:
- Developing a product involves various steps ahead of going to full production. During development, a working model (a prototype) is created and tested to ensure that the model works as expected.
- Prototyping can provide the following benefits:
- Early Feedback: One of the most important aspects of the product development process is to gather feedback, whether it relates to the performance of the product, or in the case of consumer products whether the design matches the usability and aesthetics that the market would find attractive.
- Early changes, save time and cost: It is easier and cheaper to make design changes at prototype stage before money and or effort has gone into creating the final product.
- Validation before development: Prototyping allows multiple iterations to be produced getting into final development. This iterative process makes it easier to ensure that the product being developed will meet its requirements.
- User research and testing: Prototypes help in undertaking user testing, which can show how usable and valuable your product is to the end user. Insights from users can help improve the final product.
- It is often known as Rapid Prototyping. These are a group of techniques used to quickly fabricate a scale model of a physical part or assembly using 3D CAD data. Construction of the part or assembly is usually done using 3D printing or additive layer manufacturing technology.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please call us for a chat at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or email with your enquiry.